Thursday, October 20, 2011

Taebaek 태백

Taebaek is associated with the mountain range called Taebaek Mountains (태백산맥). This large mountain range stretches from North Korea adjacent to Pyongyang all the way down to Ulsan. People say that the Taebaek mountains are synonymous with that of the Rocky Mountains in Canada and the Himalayas in Asia. I don't think any mountain range can overcome the beauty and grandness of the Andes. But I think that any mountain range in itself is already an amazing must-see destination.

This image has got to be photoshopped in some ways.

I cam across Taebaek in my guidebook on Korea. During the winter seasons, they hold ice sculpture festivals with various large sculptures. They also have igloo restaurants. I'm not exactly sure if it is as picturesque as I imagine it to be. I think I get excited the minute I read something related to snow and festivals. It sure looks really pretty though. I recall seeing picture of my grandparents' travels in China, and they went to an ice sculpture festival. They took plenty of beautiful pictures standing next to these amazing sculptures that it was hard to believe they were even carved in the first place.








No comments:

Post a Comment