Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cherry Blossoms 벚꽃

Cherry blossoms are my favourite kind of flower. They capture the idea of ephemeral nature. Even though cherry blossoms can be found in many parts of the world, I believe cherry blossoms exude that oriental symbolism of nature and tranquility. They are absolutely beautiful when they are in full bloom.

Himeji Castle, Japan

During my exchange, the university I studied at had a very famous quad where cherry blossoms bloomed during spring. It brings many tourists even from interstate! I count myself extremely lucky to have had the pleasure to walk through these cherry blossoms every day to get to class. I always relaxed on the grass beneath a cherry blossom with my friends, and we always took time to appreciate the amazing array of cherry blossoms surrounding us.



I hope to continue enjoying my fondness and love of cherry blossoms when I travel to South Korea this Christmas. From what I've read, it seems that there are cherry blossoms blooming during the winter season, particularly around February.


I've found a blog by two English teachers in Daegu who talk about cherry blossoms - but this is during March! Oh no....
Blog: http://prglobal.org/ROK/march-march-marc/2011/

No comments:

Post a Comment