Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pre-winter anxiety

Many of my Korean friends have warned me regarding South Korea's bitter cold winter season. The more I think about it, I feel anxious on how I might be able to handle it. After all, I don't enjoy the cold as much as I enjoy summer. But I hope that being in a new country and busy with wanting to go to many sites and attractions around will keep my mind off the frigid cold.

I found a phrase from someone's blog regarding the best thing about winter in Korea. It's made me all the more optimistic and ready to take on whatever Korea throws at me!

Kimchi jjigae 김치찌개

"To be sure, what I enjoy most about winters in Korea is that Korean food just seems to taste better-at least many of the chigae or stew dishes that comprise a substantial portion of the Korean cuisine. There’s probably nothing better than a steaming, spicy bowl of kimchi chigae to warm you up on a cold day."

(Read more: http://authspot.com/journals/winter-in-korea/#ixzz1ZzDLUNjh)

No comments:

Post a Comment