Sunday, July 1, 2012

2012 Korean Summer Fashion - Tweed jackets

Coco Chanel was the person who created the beautiful perfectly-cut tweed jacket for the sophisticated women. Years have gone by, and this classic piece of fashion item has withstood the years. I've never particularly warmed up to the tweed jacket fitting my image. I've always associated it to the more mature woman's way of fashion. However, what got my attention to how to looked dress down with a tweed jacket like the trademark Chanel tweed jacket was in Midnight in Paris. In one of the scenes, Rachel McAdam's character dons a beautiful short brown tweed jacket (most likely Chanel), a plain white shirt, and tight denim dark blue jeans. I did not particularly like the belt style hanging below the stomach, but her wardrobe was generally amazing. Most importantly, her fashion wardrobe was rather French-like.





It might not seem suitable for summer, but seeing as September sees the end of Summer, I thought it would be advantageous to have a tweed jacket for various reasons. I find that it would be rather stylish to have, especially since I will be living in Seoul. So far, I have found the following "buy-worthy" tweed jackets. Of course, they are nothing like the real Chanel tweed jacket, but its likeness is worth the price I think. And, I have been looking for a tweed-like jacket in the city but to no avail.







No comments:

Post a Comment