Tuesday, July 3, 2012

2012 Korean Summer Fashion - Cross-border inspiration

Shanghai is becoming a fashion hotspot for emerging fashion designers as well as bigger global fashion brands to make their storm heard in the Asia region. I wouldn't say Shanghai Fashion Week is underrated, because it is well-attended by international stars. However, it is the fashion week that does not seem to be talked about enough. Take myself for example, with my increasing interest in Asian fashion, I have to admit that I have only seen myself looking at primarily Korean fashion and trends. It could because I have lived in Korea, so this is what I am more familiar with. In addition, young Korean women today - one is able to observe this in Seoul - are one of the most well-dressed women out there today.
Now, I've decided to make a collage or collection of fashion coming from and inspired by China's biggest city and emerging hot destinations for the Fashion industry.


ZHANG ZIYI
Zhang ZiYi is one of the biggest names coming from China today. Till now, she maintains a high sought-after reputation for her acting skills, martial arts skills, and impeccable designer taste. She has been an ambassador for various fashion brands. Her small, round face and slim figure stands as a representative for other people with similar builds (like me). It's definitely a big plus to see role models like her being chosen to represent big fashion houses.


Giorgio Armani



Alessandra Rich

Elie Saab

Christian Dior Resort 2011 




Elie Saab

Burberry Ruched Patent T-Strap Platform heels


No comments:

Post a Comment