Friday, February 24, 2012

대구 사랑


Korea was simply amazing. It's funny how Koreans don't really seem to understand the growing curiosity and fascination that foreigners constantly speak of about their country. It was beyond my imagination how interesting the entire experience would be. Being back home, I want to go back and experience more of it. I want to experience the other sides of Korean society. I've been able to witness a lot of customs and things that might be considered strange and out-of-place in Western society.
I lived in Daegu for almost one month. It was an amazing experience, being supported and helped by my boyfriend. Daegu is the third largest city in Korea. Yet, for Koreans, they consider Daegu to be a country-side city. Seoul, and perhaps Busan, seems to be the only two highly urbanised cities. I enjoyed living in Daegu, because things were less expensive and less stressful than living in the megalopolis city of Seoul. It still had everything an urbanised city should have. Downtown Daegu was a lot of fun, and a lot bigger than people would assume.
Living in a new culture for a month and witnessing so many new things has sparked my urge to back to Daegu and get an internship there. I have found one and am hoping beyond all things that I will get offered a spot. Fingers crossed for me and my endeavour to go back to a place that stole my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment