Monday, February 6, 2012

대구


I am overlooking a view of a park in central Daegu, where the bustling downtown area is located in. After months of patient waiting, I am finally in Daegu. I've been here for a week already. I have two more weeks before I go back to Australia, which is a most saddening thought. But like Maxwell always says, why do I have to worry about that when I here now. It's better to focus on the present and have fun whenever I can rather than spend all this time dreading the moment I have to leave again.
Currently, I am in Daegu, the third biggest city in South Korea. Much to the opinions of locals saying that there is nothing to see in Daegu, I find it to be an absolutely charming city that's just as amazing and exciting as Seoul. The sheer size of Seoul was quite daunting and it seemed that even four days was not enough to tour parts of Seoul. Daegu, on the other hand, is definitely smaller than Seoul, but it's urban life is just as exciting as that of it's bigger sister. The night life is particularly amazing to be a part of. I have yet to try my hand at capturing almost perfectly the night life of Daegu with my camera, but that time will come.
I live in the student district of the prestigious university Kyungpook National University where my boyfriend is currently a senior at. Living here, I get to enjoy the student-friendly prices as well as amazing new cuisines that I've never tried before. I live in a small studio apartment which I paid for at an amazingly heartmelting price. I pretty much have all the needed amenities like a kitchen with a refrigerator, hot water, ondol floor (this feels like heaven in winter!), bathroom, and even a washing machine. It's pretty amazing how much I've saved myself. However, electricity is paid separately so I'm not too excited about the expected higher price to pay for that.
Aside from that, it's been quite cold here with no snow, but it's been an enjoyable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment