Monday, June 18, 2012

What to do?

Everyone knows that feeling when after a month's worth of hard work put into writing essays and dreaming of the moment when you submit those papers and be cleared with all of that brain-eating work, you become clueless afterwards on what exactly to do with all that free time. I've only been a few days into my month-long vacation, and yet I am already troubled with what exactly it is I want to catch up during this free time. Writing a list of the things I want to achieve would be helpful:


1. Study intensive Korean for the entire month - every day being the target.
2. Read Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
3. Find a part-time job to compensate for the expenses of my upcoming trip to Korea.
4. Pray that I do get into Monash University.
5. Try not to shop too much, anticipating for the glorious summer weather in Korea.


So, those are my top five priorities to either do or keep in mind throughout my entire vacation. I have been finding myself tempted to start shopping for summer wear, when I know that I have a decent collection of lovely dresses and summer outfits that will perfectly suit the hot summer sun when I go to Korea in late August. I have to say, the only thing that's been on my mind is my upcoming trip. I am glad that I booked my flights only after I had finished with all my school work or else it would have been a detrimental factor to my successfully completing everything (and trust me, I was already struggling with it). I have sixty-four days until my departure for a month-long stay in Korea.


During this month-long stay in god-knows-where in Korea, I have been troubled by a few issues or doubts. During this time, my boyfriend would already by in full-time work. I am saddened by the fact that I won't be able to spend the whole day with him, relying only on uninterrupted weekends for when I can spend time with him. He has promised that he would stay with me wherever I stay. However, I know myself and I am rather selfish with wanting him for myself during this time - can you really blame a girl like me who's travelling all this way to see him? In addition, this time will be when I am already well into my second semester in my master degree. I have yet to know whether I get accepted into Monash University. It will be crucial and rather risky with my being absent in over three weeks' worth of school work. What I need to do is to ensure to whoever my professors are that I will be able to follow up on every single thing online, and that it will not hinder my submission of any assessments that might be due during the time that I am overseas. Of course, I do bear the risks and consequences of going overseas during this time. But, I am optimistic and I am assured that it shan't affect anything. Basically, I will just be studying during the weekdays when my boyfriend works, and will hopefully see him in the evening for or after dinner. Funny, I am paying a whole lot of money just to see his face for a few hours.


All of that is in the near future. In the mean time, I should try to just relax and take a deep breath. I have all this free time so I should use it to its fullest before I complain again for not getting any free time to do the things I want. The other day, I bought a lovely powder blue chiffon blouse that would be quite suitable for my boyfriend's upcoming graduation in August. I could match it with a mini skirt. I am quite excited, but I am not looking forward to meeting his parents, if they do intend to attend. As I have been told, they do not understand English and so it is up to me to learn as much Korean as I can in order to be prepared for any confrontations. I'm sure two months will suffice if I do some serious studying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment