Friday, April 6, 2012

Sleek and sexy is the Samsung way.

When I took the Saeumaeul from Seoul back to Daegu, it was a long three hours' worth of travel time. Fortunately, I got to sit next to a middle-aged businessman who seemed busy on his, yes, Samsung laptop. Busy working on a powerpoint for a business proposition maybe, I was rather intrigued by his computer. Samsung does manage to produce some pretty good-looking premium laptops, but at a steep price. Surprising as it may seem, this little baby of a picture that is below is my next computer! Arriving in a few days' time right after Easter break, this notebook will be my next brand new device. I bought this for a bargain, seriouly, a bargain. Usually sold in retail stores for around $1,500 Australian dollars, I bought this on eBay for $680. It was an unwanted gift, and having initially lost out during the bid, I was offered a second chance to get it. After a long time of deliberating, I decided it was too good a deal to pass and one that I wouldn't see happening again in the near future.


As I patiently wait till the days pass by, I have been doing a bit of research and familiarising myself with this new notebook. I've read that a lot of Samsung's bloatware is taking a lot of space on the SSD, so the first thing I would do is get rid of all of that, replacing it with better softwares such as CCleaner, iTunes, Google Chrome, and AVG antivirus. This is my first premium "notebook" so I am quite eager to get my hands on it and start customizing it to fit my needs.






No comments:

Post a Comment